Wellness in San Diego Podcast: Ep. 18 Kemetic Yoga with The Ascendtials
Tune in to the Wellness in San Diego podcast for weekly conversations with local biz owners + changemakers across food, health, movement, wellbeing + spirituality. This week we chat with Mika Marzette, founder and CEO of The Ascendtials, a San Diego-based nonprofit dedicated to empowering BIPOC communities in Southern California through wellness practices like kemetic yoga, gardening, financial literacy and more.
Listen Via This Browser
Episode 18: Returning to our Ancestral Knowing with Mika Marzette of The Ascendtials
Over time + through oppressive systemic change, we lost our innate connection with our ancestral roots of healing, natural movement, nurturing our land + organically feeding our bodies.
The mission of The Ascendtials, a San Diego-based nonprofit, is to empower BIPOC communities via their own ancestral wellness practices: Kemetic yoga, organic gardening, financial literacy, community connection + spiritual healing sessions.
In this week’s episode, Mika Marzette, Founder + CEO of The Ascendtials discusses:
- the educational gaps in our society that led to the foundation of The Ascendtials
- Kemetic Yoga – what it is + where it comes from
- how yoga can lead to self-empowerment + help transform our entire community
- the need for inclusive dialogue + listening to our indigenous leaders to help heal our planet + our communities
- how you can get involved in transforming + supporting our local communities through ancestral wellness practices
About The Ascendtials:
Episode resources + event links:
- 12+ Healthy Pumpkin Recipes
- Those Witches Be Crazy Pub Crawl (Encinitas)
- Fall Limpia (Logan Heights)
- Not-So-Scary EcoFest (Del Mar/Solana Beach)
- Events Calendar
- Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
Click on the button below for your favorite podcast app to download our episodes and subscribe!
How to Request to Be a Guest
Are you or someone you know interested in being a guest on our show? Let us know! Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include your name and your pitch (aka what you’d like to talk about!).
We’ll then reach out to learn more or schedule an interview if we think you’re a good fit for our listeners!
Partner With Us
We’re excited to partner with brands and businesses whose mission is to elevate the mind, body and spirit of our San Diego community and beyond.
Sponsorship opportunities are available on our podcast, newsletter, socials and our website. Drop us a note at email@example.com and we’ll reach out to discuss collab opportunities.