Tune in to the Wellness in San Diego podcast for weekly conversations with local biz owners + changemakers across food, health, movement, wellbeing + spirituality. This week Abby Brown, the founder of the sustainable activewear brand H2OM, joins us to talk about how she drew from her background as a yoga teacher, marketer and design/merchandiser to create a sustainable fashionable solution from pollution.
Listen In Browser
Season 2, Episode 17: Creating a Fashionable Solution from Pollution with Abby Brown of H2OM
Abby Brown was walking along the beautiful beaches of San Diego when she saw there was more trash than she could carry in her own two hands. In that moment, Abby felt called to make a difference but what could she do as one person?
Abby combined her background as a yoga instructor, event coordinator, marketer and training in design + merchandising to launch H2OM, a sustainable activewear brand made from 100% recycled materials, including post-consumer plastic bottles and waste.
In this week’s episode, Marta and Abby chat about:
- the process of finding the right fabric for H2OM
- how Abby landed on the sealife designs + finding the right fit for every size
- the lasting value of collaboration
- how self-care as a leader is essential to building a sustainable brand
- being resilient and asking for support as an entrepreneur
Episode resources + event links
- H2OM: shoph2om.com | @shoph2om 30% off w/ code: EARTHLOVE30
- Shake Up Your Systems | Conscious Entrepreneurs Workshop | Sunday, April 30
Request to Be a Guest
Are you or someone you know interested in being a guest on our show? Fill out our Podcast Guest Request Form!
We’ll then reach out to learn more or schedule an interview if we think you’re a good fit for our listeners!
Partner With Us
We’re excited to partner with brands and businesses whose mission is to elevate the mind, body and spirit of our San Diego community and beyond.
Sponsorship opportunities are available on our podcast, newsletter, socials and our website. Drop us a note at email@example.com and we’ll reach out to discuss collab opportunities.