Tune in to the Wellness in San Diego podcast for weekly conversations with local biz owners + changemakers across food, health, movement, wellbeing + spirituality. This week yoga instructor Nicole Turner talks about the eight limbs of yoga philosophy and the idea behind a ninth limb of yoga: community service.
Listen in Browser
Season 2, Episode 3: The Ninth Limb of Yoga with Nicole Turner
You may be familiar with The 8 Limbs of Yoga or the eightfold path of yoga, practical guidelines from the ancient Yoga Sutras text on how to live a meaningful purposeful life for yourself. But what comes after you’ve strengthened these 8 limbs? Nicole Turner, a sound healer + yoga instructor, believes the next step on your path could include a ninth limb of yoga: giving back to your community.
In this week’s episode, Nicole + Marta discuss:
- a brief overview of the eightfold path
- tips on how to incorporate these principles into your daily life
- the concept of a 9th limb: giving back to others
- Nicole’s work in community service, conservation + social justice, including her recent retreat with the Taktham Village of Indians in Joshua Tree
- why strengthening the relationship with yourself is vital to support your work in helping others
About Nicole Turner:
Episode resources + event links:
Request to Be a Guest
Are you or someone you know interested in being a guest on our show? Fill out our Podcast Guest Request Form!
We’ll then reach out to learn more or schedule an interview if we think you’re a good fit for our listeners!
Partner With Us
We’re excited to partner with brands and businesses whose mission is to elevate the mind, body and spirit of our San Diego community and beyond.
Sponsorship opportunities are available on our podcast, newsletter, socials and our website. Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll reach out to discuss collab opportunities.